Piston OpenStack 3.0: The Last OpenStack® Product You’ll Ever Try
New release of turn-key software delivers the easiest, fastest and best way to run OpenStack, at less than a third of the cost of public cloud
SAN FRANCISCO – Feb. 25, 2014 – Piston Cloud Computing, Inc., the enterprise OpenStack® company, today announced, in conjunction with an Intelemage customer announcement, a new release of Piston OpenStack™, a turn-key software product that uses advanced systems intelligence to orchestrate an entire private cloud environment using commodity hardware.
“Piston delivered the first commercial OpenStack product to market, and over the last two years, we’ve seen incredible customer success. To date, dozens of companies, from leading financial services organizations and medical research labs to global service providers and federal government agencies, have deployed Piston OpenStack, at scale, in diverse production environments,” said Jim Morrisroe, CEO of Piston. “With Piston OpenStack 3.0, our customers can stop worrying about their IT infrastructure and spend more time growing their business.”
Piston OpenStack 3.0: The Last OpenStack Product You’ll Ever Try
Piston has taken the OpenStack framework and integrated it with best-of-breed technologies to create a complete private cloud solution. Including a highly-secure Micro Operating System, Piston OpenStack installs directly onto commodity hardware with no per-server configuration. Using a hyper-converged architecture, Piston delivers virtualized compute, storage, and network capabilities from every server, making it truly the most efficient model of private cloud delivery.
With Piston OpenStack, customers achieve the business agility of cloud computing, with the security of an on-premise solution, at less than a third of the cost of public cloud. New features and benefits of Piston OpenStack 3.0 include:
- Enhanced Storage: Fine-grained configuration of multi-tier storage pools for improved performance and cost-efficiency.
- Enhanced Networking: A wide range of software-defined networking (SDN) options including Juniper Contrail™, PLUMgrid™, and VMware NSX™.
- Moxie Runtime Environment™ (RTE) Access: Now customers can leverage Piston’s distributed systems orchestration, Moxie RTE™, to deploy third party services and run any infrastructure service as highly-available and disaster-proof.
- New Cluster Management APIs and Tools: Richer tools for node health monitoring and cluster management.
- Remote Technical Support Access: One-click secure access to customer support.
- Redesigned Dashboard: New user interface (UI) for improved usability.
- Multi-Region Management: New dashboard interface makes it easy for users to consume clouds of 10,000 servers distributed over multiple geo-locations through a single API.
“We are the OpenStack vendor who doesn’t have a dog in your fight,” said Joshua McKenty, CTO and co-founder of Piston. “From our close partnerships with every major vendor of SDN, SDS, orchestration tools, hardware and PaaS, Piston has the only OpenStack solution certified to run everything you care about. We believe your solution should be built from the best-of-breed at every tier, beginning with Piston OpenStack. We have no secret agenda.”
Availability, Professional Services and Pricing
Piston OpenStack 3.0 is available now, and may be downloaded free for 90 days at http://www.pistoncloud.com/start. After the 90-day free trial period, Piston OpenStack is available through an annual software subscription license, which includes an automated, online update service and access to 24×7 customer support.
Piston also provides training and professional services to support enterprise-level integration for custom authentication, audit and compliance, or monitoring solutions.
About Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is the enterprise OpenStack™ company. Founded in 2011 by OpenStack founders from NASA and Rackspace®, Piston makes software that uses advanced systems intelligence to orchestrate an entire private cloud environment using commodity hardware. Piston is an OpenStack Foundation Gold Member, based in San Francisco and funded by True Ventures, Hummer Winblad, Cisco Systems, Inc., Divergent Ventures, Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures. Visit Piston online at www.pistoncloud.com.
+1 (415) 971 3181